Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

Unreal present/past

การพูดถึงสิ่งที่ตรงกันข้ามกับความจริงในปัจจุบันหรืออดีต (Talking about unreal present or unreal past)

Unreal present (past simple) Unreal past  (past perfect)
conditional If I were you, I wouldn't do that.
Fact: You are not me so you will do that.
If you hadn't told a lie, you wouldn't have been in trouble.
Fact: You told a lie so you were in trouble.
wish, if only I wish I could speak French.
Fact: I cannot speak French.
If only I had learned French in school.
Fact: I didn't learn French in school.
would rather/had sooner I'd rather you went by train.
Fact: You don't want to go by train.
I'd rather you had listened to me.
Fact: You didn't listen to me.
suppose Suppose you weren't living in London, where would you be living? Suppose he hadn't proposed to her that day, whom would she have married to?
as if/as though He talks as if he knew Jane.
Fact: He doesn't know Jane.
He talks about London as if he had been there.
Fact: He has never been to London.
it's (about/high) time It's time you went to bed. -

No comments: