Pages

Monday 27 November 2006

Solution : Unless, Provided/Providing/On condition that

  • If you don't work hard today, you can't have a holiday tomorrow.
    Unless you work hard today, you can't have a holiday tomorrow.
  • I'll lend you the book if you return it next Monday.
    I'll lend you the book provided (that) you return it next Monday.
  • I won't lend Peter money if he doesn't need it.
    I won't lend Peter money unless he needs it.
  • If I don't have a quiet room, I won't able to do any work.
    Unless I have a quiet room, I won't be able to do any work.
  • Go on to the next unit if you have already finished Unit 2.
    Go on to the next unit providing (that) you have already finished Unit 2.
  • You can camp in my field if you promise to leave no mess.
    You can camp in my field on condition that you promise to leave no mess.

  • Unless you wear boots, you may get bitten by snakes.
  • If he goes into that field, the bull will chase him.
  • You can't make tea unless you have hot water.
  • He will divorce his wife unless she confesses her sins.
  • Someone will steal your car if you leave it unlocked.

No comments: